Wednesday, June 21st, at Newhall Community Park in Concord
A Selection of Picture Books
- Fun-filled time of read-aloud, songs, and crafts
- From 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Parents and older siblings are welcome.
- My name is Cinnamin Barry, and I’m as quirky as my name. I have enjoyed homeschooling for the past three years, and I’m still figuring it out. As a homeschooling mom, my goals are to instill a love for God and learning in my students. To achieve this, we incorporate a lot of learning through games, fantasy, and hands-on activities. We are enthusiastic puzzle solvers, skilled art drawers, and avid imagination connoisseurs. As C.S. Lewis wisely said, “Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work.” Likewise, Mark Twain once remarked, “I never let my schooling interfere with my education.”
- Hi, I’m Christine Chang! I am a follower of Jesus, wife to Charles and mama to three young girls. (Fun fact: All of our names begin with “Ch”!) We live in Concord, California and attend Grace Bible Church in Pleasant Hill. I’m a rookie book illustrator, children’s art instructor, and a fairly new homeschool mom. These days, I spend my time learning all over again as I teach my girls. Art is a favorite subject for all of us! I love that art can be incorporated into whatever subject we’re studying. (Art and stories just go together!) I appreciate art of all kinds, but I personally gravitate towards realistic drawing and coloring. I enjoy working with kids to help them create pieces that they can be proud of. We hope you’ll join us as we read memorable books and make fun crafts together!
- My name is Alice Kim, and I’m a mom of two, one girl and one boy. We live in Concord and attend Grace Bible Church of Pleasant Hill. We are only just beginning our homeschool journey; the Lord only knows where this will lead us! As I embark on this path, walking or stumbling, I am grateful to serve in this community and create opportunities for our families to get together and deepen our relationship with the world, with one another, and with God.