Thursday, September 22, 2022 in Pleasant Hill and Lafayette
Parents to drop off their children with the exception of Sprouts parents. Register by 8/21/22.
The Westing Game (6th graders and above)
- Janet Burk’s Home in Lafayette from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- We are so thrilled to have Mrs. Schacterle facilitate our time of discussion on this imaginative mystery.
- Diane Schacterle was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona. She has a B.A. in English Education from the University of Arizona and an M.A. in the same field from Arizona State University. She has taught in both public and private schools in three different states and holds a Life Credential from the state of California. She has three grown daughters, all homeschooled. After her youngest daughters graduated in 2006, she began to offer high school English courses to the homeschooling community. She and her husband Steve have been members of Christian Fellowship Church, followed by Grace Bible Church (a merger), since 1981, when they first moved to California. She currently teaches the pre-school Sunday school class but has taught almost every age group there, including adult women’s Bible studies. She was also a Mentor Mom with the former Cameron Academy PSP for over a dozen years, until it closed down.
The Sign of the Beaver (2nd–5th graders)
- Keli Judd’s Home in Pleasant Hill from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- We are so thankful to have Mr. Flashburger lead our younger students in this captivating story about a cross-cultural friendship between two boys.
- Keith Flashburger was a firefighter in Oakland for 27 years. He’s been attending Grace Bible Church in Pleasant Hill for about 14 years, and he currently serves as a community group leader and biblical counselor.
Picture Book Read Alouds (PreK–1st graders)
- Keli Judd’s Backyard in Pleasant Hill from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Story Time! We are so blessed to have Sarah Jackson lead our youngest students in a few beautiful picture books. Absolutely no preparation is needed!
- Sarah Jackson is a wife and mother of five young children. She’s a Nevada native but has called California home for the last 11 years and has had the privilege of being a member and fellow servant at Grace Bible Church for 7 years.
Grade levels reflect grades in the 2022-2023 academic school year.